There is a growing need for non-drug related therapies to combat pain and activity limitations experienced by individuals diagnosed with chronic arthritis.
This pilot program includes:
- A physician’s medical evaluation as well as testing for strength, range of motion, and abilities as a baseline for the study
- Six weeks of classes (3 days per week, 1.5 hours per day)
- Physicians assessment at the end of the 6-week period
- Personal surveys to determine if the goal of changing long-term habits and activities was met
There is NO cost to participants
It is recommended that participants of this pilot program be able to:
- Walk up and down a short flight of stairs
- Get up and down from a standard chair
- Commit to six weeks (9/10 to 10/24) of attending Monday, Wednesday, and Friday classes in Kenbridge, Virginia from 10am to 11:30am
- Be available for personal evaluations on 9/5 and 10/19
- Be willing to fill out a short evaluation/status sheet each week.